Monday, November 15, 2010

Little Fried Cheese Curds

I finally broke the 160 pound barrier. To my happy surprise, the scale just rang in at 157.5 pounds. Which is a surprise because I just spent the last two days driving to Wisconsin from Texas. That's 1340 miles and 21 hours of doing nothing but sitting on my ass in the car, eating nothing but fast food, and drinking gallons of soda and coffee to keep my eyes open so I didn't drive off the road.

A few weeks ago, I started Skinny Bitch again. Which meant that I finally started working out again. I'm not a huge fan of working out. My favorite meal is a good burger with fries. I love chocolate and ice cream. Anything with cheese is great. I love lounging on the couch watching a movie or playing some random game on Facebook...no Farmville for this girl though - seriously - a lost cow? C'mon people. I was becoming content with my sedentary lifestyle (and for those of you who don't speak snob, that means lazy). I was making excuses for everything that wiggles and jiggles...I blamed it on everything but myself. Well - this is what a real woman's body is like...or I'm from Wisconsin - I need the fine layer of fat to keep warm. I made allowances for eating out and eating crappy. A whopper once a week is okay...or dark chocolate is good for you...or so what if it has bacon, it's a salad. I told myself and everyone who would listen that I didn't care what I looked like...that I was a strong independent woman. But the sorry truth is that I did care what I looked like...muffin tops are not sexy on anyone. I also wasn't strong...I got winded from taking the stairs two at a time. And I definetly wasn't independent - I depended on burgers and Pepsi. So I decided, with the urging of some of you out there, to get back on the so-called horse called Skinny Bitch. And it's been the best thing I've done for myself in a long time. So thank you. Thank you for that number on the scale. I really truly could not have done this without you.

I'm about to get my ass up off this recliner and get a workout and run knocked out. No treadmill for this girl for the next two weeks. Only cold Wisconsin air. And NO fried food. Even though those little fried cheese curds could make me leave my husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment